System Quality Administrator - Bowel Screening
- Closes 22 Oct 2020
- Posted 22 Sep 2020
The National Coordination Centre for the National Bowel Screening Programme is seeking expression of interest from an energetic and effective person to work as part of its team in the role of System Quality Administrator from our office based in Wellington. This vacancy covers a 12-month secondment position, while our current System Quality Administrator is supporting the Ministry of Health Covid team.
There are currently eleven District Health Boards delivering the National Bowel Screening Programme across New Zealand, with a further nine to come on board. A new national database has recently gone live, with processes and systems being regularly reviewed, and we have a growing team supporting this work.
This role will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the data integrity of the National Bowel Screening Programme register. This involves managing data and supporting system administration tasks, including technical support administration required to deliver the National Bowel Screening Programme
- Delivering a consistent, quality service whilst adhering to best-practice standards in services, technology, documentation and patient confidentiality
- Support all National Bowel Screening Programme team members, both internal and external with system usage, troubleshooting and working error queues
- Running any regular system checks required to audit the database and uphold the quality of the database contents and contributing to continuous quality improvement activities
- Leading the provision of Tier 1 help desk support to DHB's participating in the Bowel Screening Programme, including following issue management strategies and liaising with software providers on escalations
- Engaging as required with stakeholders including DHB, contracted mail house and the Ministry of Health.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience working in System Quality roles, ideally within the Health or Disability Sectors
- Business or systems analysis experience, system testing and promoting of new updates
- Proficiency in the usage of the Microsoft office products (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Experience with managing data within a data collection system, including entering, reviewing data for consistency and accuracy and supporting troubleshooting
- Experience managing and working IT system error queues.
Your passion for healthcare and for improving health outcomes for all New Zealanders will be accompanied by a focus on ensuring the service is delivered in a respectful, caring and culturally sensitive manner.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with interpersonal skills to build rapport and enable effective communication across different stakeholders, including DHBs and GPs
- A Professional work ethic with an ability to use initiative and maintain confidentiality and cultural sensitivity
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, while embracing a team approach
- Organised and methodical approach to work, including the ability to complete documentation accurately and objectively
- A high level of technical ability, with demonstrated skills to administer and troubleshoot multiple applications to deliver quick and accurate solutions to IT issues
- Confidence, resilience, high attention to detail, problem-solving skills and a high sense of curiosity.
Homecare Medical manages the National Bowel Screening Register and the National Cervical Screening Register. We are also a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including - Healthline, Need to Talk 1737, Quitline, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline and a range of Health and Mental Health after-hours services.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder).
Expressions of interest close Monday, 28 September 2020.
If you are seeking a role where you are part of a dynamic multi-cultural team, enjoy working with processes, systems and challenging these to see how we can achieve more, and want to work with a team that lives, breathes and delivers on equity targets then this could be the role for you.
Click here to learn more about the National Bowel Screening Programme: https://www.timetoscreen.nz/bowel-screening/