We develop and distribute disruptive technology that innovates, automates, and changes the Veterinary market globally. Auckland HQ is where the bulk of the engineering horsepower is based with a turbo charged London operation that continues to grow. We run a pod structure (currently 7), follow agile methodology, write elegant code to the tune of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 on black widow mechanical keyboards…well not really but it sounds provocative.
We are in the process of releasing a re-architected application with completely separated Front End & Back End. The Front End is being rebuilt in ReactJS/Redux and the Back End is being rebuilt in Laravel, all with best practice principles front and center. Think the stability of a established application with the code standards of a start-up code base.
We are looking for our next technical leader – a Senior Full Stack Developer, second in command to one of our Team Leads. As a Senior Full Stack Developer you will be primarily focused on delivering high quality code to overcome complex challenges for the ezyVet application. You will have a strong background in web development and have a desire to push the boundaries of what is achievable in this space. You will deliver beautifully crafted code that other developers love to maintain, reuse and extend.
We're looking for a technical leader – someone experienced and with the vision and answers for other developers to look up to, and be challenged and excited about what is possible. You'll need a keen eye for detail to help identify possible shortfalls in our current application and development processes. You'll then work to partner with senior technical and development leadership to action the changes that would be needed to resolve these shortfalls. This role will be no mean feat so you will need plenty of gas in the tank and a great toolbox of ideas and tricks to get the outcomes the platform will need in the future to be successful
So what will you day look like?
- Arrive at the office, grab yourself a coffee with a few fellow developers, and sling a bit of banter around
- Review the awesome technical plan you put together to achieve an EPIC result to the complex challenge you are currently working on
- Code your heart out; design perfectly structured framework objects, build beautiful code, refactor and repeat
- Jump into GitLab and review fellow coder's code, merge if it's suitably beautiful, or pop over to their desk and spend time with them rebuilding it so it is suitably beautiful
- Documenting processes and policies to be utilized by the wider development team.
- Training and mentoring developers.
What will you bring to the role?
- At least 5 years of web development experience, we're looking for a technical leader with strong technical ability to compleiment.
- A person of action & delivery focused and with a high level of detail. You'll be the person people come to to instruction rather than the person bring instructed.
- Results orientated - even if that means speaking up and making a point.
- Experience with PHP | MySQL | AWS
- Experience with unit testing (PHPUnit)
- Strong OO design patterns, modular design
- Experience building and consuming APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Strong attention to detail with relentless follow up
We're looking for someone passionate, curious and collaborative to fill this role. If you're hungry to learn, keen to grow and excited by our journey, then we'd love to hear from you!
With a little kiwi ingenuity and a lot of passion, ezyVet came into existence. A cloud-based, feature rich software solution for Veterinary Practices all around the world. ezyVet is quietly disrupting the global veterinary industry. With customers in over 20 countries, 120+ staff across offices in London, Dallas and Auckland, there's no better time than now to join the ezyVet journey.