The Warehouse is the brand that began it all. Founded in 1982 by Sir Stephen Tindall, the first ‘red shed’ challenged established retailers and proved popular with customers as a result of its simple style, and wide range of products at bargain prices. The Warehouse has become a Kiwi household name, and we proudly recognise the role that we play in communities throughout New Zealand.
By putting the customer first we succeed in being one of the best retailers in New Zealand; it's our positive, friendly, helpful Team Members that keep our customers coming back!
We currently have multiple permanent vacancies as listed below.
As a Team Member you will enjoy a fast-paced environment with lots of variety, and you aren’t afraid of digging in hard to get things done. You’re someone who likes working and sparking conversations with customers, and ensuring their experience is exceptional means the world to you.
Checkouts and Self-checkouts:
In this role you will be responsible for making sure our customers receive fast service at the checkout and that they feel valued. You'll like working in a fast paced environment and getting the job done without compromising service standards.
- Tuesday and Sunday 11am-4pm
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 4pm-10pm
- Monday, Tuesday, and Sunday 4pm-10pm
For this role it would be great if you had a special interest in clothing and footwear, have an eye for detail and know style when you see it!
- Friday and Saturday 4pm-10pm
- Wednesday 5pm-10pm, Thursday 4pm-8pm, and Sunday 3pm-8pm
- Tuesday 8pm-midnight and Sunday 8am-3pm
- Monday 8am-5pm, Friday 4pm-8pm, and Saturday 2pm-8pm
For this role we are looking for someone with an interest in entertainment technology to be able to provide customers with support on their inquiries and purchases.
- Monday, Tuesday and Sunday 9:30am-3pm
- Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday 5pm-8pm, and Friday 5pm-9pm
As well as assisting our customers with their inquiries, you will process returns, exchanges, refunds and transfers. You will also support Loss Prevention with security assistance and help support and supervise the Checkout area as required.
- Monday and Sunday 5pm-10:30pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 5pm-10:30pm
Ideally you will have:
- Some experience in retail, hospitality or a customer facing role - preferable but not essential
- Excellent Communication Skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- The ability to undertake some heavy lifting, climbing ladders and being on your feet for long periods of time
- Capable of being on your feet for long periods of time
- Understand the importance of health and safety
We offer benefits like having your birthday day off and a team discount card for use across The Warehouse Group brands. We also have many career opportunities that come with working for one of New Zealand's largest General Merchandise retailers! We really do believe in retail as a career.