The Warehouse is the brand that began it all. Founded in 1982 by Sir Stephen Tindall, the first ‘red shed’ challenged established retailers and proved popular with customers as a result of its simple style, and wide range of products at bargain prices. The Warehouse has become a Kiwi household name, and we proudly recognise the role that we play in communities throughout New Zealand.About the Role:
By putting the customer first we succeed in being one of the best retailers in New Zealand; it's our positive, friendly, helpful Team Members that keep our customers coming back!
We currently have multiple permanent vacancies as listed below.
As a Team Member you will enjoy a fast-paced environment with lots of variety, and you aren’t afraid of digging in hard to get things done. You’re someone who likes working and sparking conversations with customers, and ensuring their experience is exceptional means the world to you.
Checkouts and Self-checkouts:
In this role you will be responsible for making sure our customers receive fast service at the checkout and that they feel valued. You'll like working in a fast-paced environment and getting the job done without compromising service standards.
- Monday and Tuesday 9:00am - 3:30pm, and Saturday 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday to Saturday 9:00am - 3:30pm
- Wednesday to Friday 12:30pm - 7:30pm, and Saturday 3:00pm - 7:30pm
- Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm, Tuesday 10:00am - 5:00pm, Wednesday 9:00am - 1:30pm, and Sunday 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 12:30pm - 7:30pm
- Wednesday to Saturday 2:30pm - 6:30pm
- Wednesday to Saturday 5:30pm - midnight
- Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 5:30pm - midnight
As well as assisting our customers with their inquiries, you will process returns, exchanges, refunds and transfers. You will also support Loss Prevention with security assistance and help support and supervise the Checkout area as required.
- Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 4:00pm - midnight
- Sunday and Monday 8:00am - 4:30pm, and Tuesday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Wednesday to Saturday 4:00pm - midnight
Ideally you will have:
More About Us:
- Some experience in retail, hospitality or a customer facing role - preferable but not essential
- Excellent Communication Skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- The ability to undertake some heavy lifting, climbing ladders and being on your feet for long periods of time
- Capable of being on your feet for long periods of time
- Understand the importance of health and safety
We offer benefits like having your birthday day off and a team discount card for use across The Warehouse Group brands. We also have many career opportunities that come with working for one of New Zealand's largest General Merchandise retailers! We really do believe in retail as a career.