Essential Job Functions
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and solution design abilities
Experience in a Professional Services environment engaging with executive stakeholders, solution architects and extended program teams
- Solid Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt messaging to varying stakeholder levels
- Proven experience in designing and implementing solutions on the ServiceNow platform
- Experience with the ITSM processes or in the following functional areas: CSM, HR, SecOps, ITOM, ITBM
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- Is self-motivated / self-directed – capable of multi-tasking and accepting change both in tasks and schedule
- Ability to handle and overcome objections in both a pre-sales and engagement delivery context
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to work in an international, fast-growing environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Design and communicate a Technical Architecture Blueprint based on Capability and Process Implementation Roadmaps aligning to desired Business outcomes
- Work in conjunction with Program Directors and Engagement Managers to assist with technical program level activities including the rollout of client centre of excellence (COE), delivery assurance and realization of customer journey. This may include time as a resident architect for strategic clients
- Provide thought leadership and ensure that customer engagements are aligned to ServiceNow Implementation Best Practices
- Create and maintain Platform Implementation RoadMap. Provide hands on assistance with the detailed design and implementation approach of selected engagements
- Demonstrate product and technical leadership on ServiceNow engagements with customers and partners
- Assist delivery teams with resolving critical path technical issues, challenges
- Provide guidance on Customer’s ServiceNow Development lifecycle
Works independently within a business area and assists at the enterprise level to influence the technical decisions during all phases of the project (Technical).
Knows relevant issues and considerations in selecting both technical software packages and vendors including capabilities, clients who have installed them, and user experiences with them (Technical).
Designs and constructs interfaces across platforms (Technical).
Provides consulting support to projects during the vision and strategy, architecture, and development phases (Methodology).
Leads a team of 6-10 resources (company, client and third-party resources) in area of expertise to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
Provides input in identifying issues and considerations for selecting business application packages and vendors (Business).
Manages client expectations and balances the needs of the company and clients to ensure satisfaction for both (Relationship Management).
Influences decisions and project direction at the executive level (Relationship Management). Performs consultative selling and leverages business through superior delivery skills, client relations and subject matter expertise (Leverage).
Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls (Leverage).
Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel (Leadership). Communicates in formal presentation settings including medium to large sized groups of key decision makers at the executive level; tailors’ presentations to needs and interests of the audience. Develops articles and white papers covering areas of expertise (Communication).
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA (Objectives)
- Quality Delivery: Quality delivery of client solutions as measured by quality, the (minimal) amount of re-work required and high client satisfaction
- Client Relationship: Build partnerships with clients to establish yourself as a key, trusted resource
- Adaptability & Flexibility: Be adaptable and flexible to accept all reasonable placements assigned to you
- Self-Management: Proactively build your performance portfolio by gathering stakeholder feedback on your performance and provide this on a regular basis back to your manager
- Self-Management: Undertake self-development to further enhance the breadth and depth of your skills (eg: Attend forums, self-study etc)
- Teamwork: Where applicable develop and mentor your fellow team members to grow and enhance our breadth and depth of experience
- Contribution to Company: Keep abreast of developments and opportunities across the business and use your experience and knowledge to help grow the business
- Contribution to the Company: Positive contribution to the Company above and beyond day-to-day work as including (reasonable) attendance at Company meetings/functions and involvement with internal work projects and initiatives as required
TECHNICAL & PROCESS SKILLS
- Recognised as leading expert/SME in chosen areas of expertise
- 6+ years working in the ITSM or IT services/consulting industry
- Proven consulting experience as a key technical resource leading the development and delivery of ITSM solutions in client environments.
- Strong technical background and implementation of ITSM products & services
- Good understanding of IT related business issues
- Very strong presentation skills, able to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide customer
- Pre-sales and demonstration abilities
- Strong team leadership qualities
- Abreast of market and industry trends in regard to relevant IT technologies and methodologies
- Service Management industry and tools
- Cloud services
- Certified ITSM+ three other area. ITIL, Involved and delivered deployments, Basic level of programming - Java Script, Service Delivery experience (Infrastructure support previous experience 1st/2nd level support
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL, SAML/SSO and other such technologies.
- Client Management – Acts as trusted advisor (and understands what this is and why it is important)
- Building Relationships – Develops collaborative relationships to facilitate current or future goals
- Adaptability – Adapts own behaviour to suit the situation
- Decision Making – Makes pragmatic decisions based on a range of factors
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to explore and manipulate ideas beyond concrete constraints
- Influencing & Negotiating – ‘Sells’ and promotes solutions and services (and arguments and concepts that support them) by tailoring benefits to audience
- Business Skills – Has and maintains a high level of understanding of business operations
- Oral & Written Communication – Listens, responds to prompts, summarises and is pro-active with all communications
- Accountability – Accepts personal accountability for actions regardless of outcomes
- Results Orientation – Regularly refocuses on results
- Self-Awareness – Is able to manage pressure and emotions in a positive way
- Self-Confidence and Resilience – Demonstrates persistence in the face of obstacles
- Self-Management – Sets own challenging short, mid and long-term goals
- Initiative – Takes responsibility for improvements or solving problems
- 10+ years in IT industry
- 8+ years working in professional services as a Technical Consultant, Implementation/Engagement Manager, Project Manager etc.
- Has participated in a wide range of projects across several different industry sectors
- People Leader
- Delivery Manager
- Engagement Manager
- Professional Services Business Development / Sale