Ready for new IT challenge in 2021 ? Great IT people are a key part of Icebreakers success all day, every day.
Do you have that natural instinct? Are you yearning to make an impact and looking to be part of something with greater purpose, something with a reason beyond apparel?
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
In this brand new role, reporting to our Technical Infrastructure Manager based in our very “cool and funky” Head Office in Auckland, New Zealand, in this role of Infrastructure Engineer , you will be responsible for technical management of all Icebreaker’s IT infrastructure, including all data centre, cloud and Disaster Recovery (DR) sites, physical and virtual servers, storage and backup, desktop hardware, server and desktop operating systems, wireless, local area and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), VPNs, SQL databases and IT security systems. You will also be responsible for system availability of all Icebreaker’s core infrastructure and enterprise environments, both internal and hosted, and meeting all agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Sounds technical and it is , you need to know your stuff !!
This role is a twelve-month fixed term contract.
Your day will be busy doing:
- Liaise with external vendors and internal IT teams to ensure effective monitoring and alerting systems are in place to enable the management, maintenance and enhancement of the enterprise infrastructure
- Communicate any infrastructure outages to the IT management team leads and relevant internal stakeholders
- Periodically review Infrastructure performance and scalability to ensure the system components are operating within agreed SLAs, operating tolerances and future endeavours
- Regularly review our infrastructure to ensure it is adequately sized, has sufficient capacity, appropriate security controls and is running efficiently
- Co-ordinate the design and implementation of best practice infrastructure solutions which are sensitive to the issues of cost and business requirements
- Co-ordinate the delivery of asset and infrastructure projects by overseeing the planning, design and implementation processes when required
- Put forward recommendations to maintain the server infrastructure at a low cost
- Ensure all servers and operating systems in the Icebreaker environment are kept patched and up to date
- Provide input on operating and capital expenditure within the infrastructure area for reporting and budgeting
- Manage, monitor and maintain all back-up and DR systems ensuring they are tested on a regular basis
- Document, communicate and continually update system architecture, policies and support procedures
Does this sound like you?
- Qualification or certificate in Information Technology (preferred)
- Technology specific certification such as CCNA, MSCE or CompTIA (preferred)
- A solid 5 -8 years’ experience in information technology
- Strong experience of 3 -5 years’ experience working in a complex IT environment, following ITIL processes
- Worked in a global organisation across different time-zones and locations
- Strong experience in supporting a 24/7 IT environment
- Cloud services, e.g. Office365, Azure AD, SharePoint, Teams
- Cloud Platforms like Azure
- Desktop and laptop deployment & support (Windows 10)
- Experience with Virtualisation platforms (VMWare preferred)
- A good understanding of on-premise storage is preferred
- MS Exchange (2016, Online)
- Experience and understanding of Windows Server OS, Linux is desired
- Strong understanding of network protocols - including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, IPsec and distributed networks
- Firewalls/switches experience desirable (e.g. FortiGate, Cisco, Meraki)
- Security – network, server and end user computing
- Experience with industry regulations (PCI, Sox, GDPR) is desired
- Active Directory administration
- Backup & Recovery technologies
- The Citrix suite from ADC’s to virtual desktops and applications
- Good communicator within all levels and cultures within an organisation
- Great time manager and can prioritize skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Curious, with a global understanding and outlook, and strong desire to continually learn and evolve, wants to think outside the square box
- A brand ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand
- Down to earth, happy to roll-up sleeves and muck in
- A highly collaborative team player and team builder
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured creative and commercial environment
If this opportunity feels like the type of job, you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply.
The recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. For any queries, contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .