Do you have that natural instinct? A seeker of perfection? Do you love the nuts and bolts?
Are you yearning to make an impact and looking to be part of something with greater purpose, something with a reason beyond apparel?
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
In this new role, reporting to our Head of IT, based in our Head Office in Auckland, New Zealand, this role of Technical Application Specialist , you will responsible for providing day to day application support and resolution of incidents and providing technical support amongst projects. You will be working closely with vendors and key stakeholder to identify where simplication and improvements can be made leveraging technology capabilities.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
What will you be busy doing?
- Proactively troubleshoot, monitor and resolve production incidents working closely with vendors
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day support of existing business applications and ensure the future enhancements are released based on business value and priority
- Ensure the integration of data between internal and external systems (such as 3PL) is accurate, timely and complete for customers to receive the right products at the right time and to maintain data integrity across the core applications
- Contributing to continuous improvement to increase process efficiency and reduce incidents reported
- Manage and maintain a structured change control process to the enterprise applications with minimum disruption to the operational business
- Assisting Business Analysts in technical requirements, testing improvements and bug fixes
- When required work on new IT projects to research and review new applications and developments to ensure they are both compatible with the existing and known future IT architecture and strategy
- Identify opportunities to simplify and improve business processes using new & existing technology
- Champion root cause analysis for reoccurring & critical issues
What your piece of paper, known as a CV, says about you:
- Qualification or certificate in Information Technology
- Are you/have you been an Application Architect or Applications Support Manager or Integrations Developer or Technical Application Support or Systems Analyst
- Strong experience supporting and maintaining retail applications preferably ERP, EDI, PLM, POS, B2B software
- Experience in middleware and application integration
- Background in SQL database management including SSRS, SSIS & SQL
- Experience with complex integration, core retail and/or digital systems troubleshooting, support and continuous improvement
- Proven strong experience in software implementation and testing methodologies
- Demonstrated success providing 2nd and 3rd level support within retail business
- Proven skills in documenting, interpreting and articulating IT architecture, requirements and solutions to both technical and non-technical staff
- Experience within the retail sector would be highly desirable, along with working knowledge of the supply chain, merchandise and finance
- Good communicator within all levels and cultures within an organisation
- Great time manager and can prioritize skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Curious, with a global understanding and outlook, and strong desire to continually learn and evolve, wants to think outside the square box
- A brand ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand
- Down to earth, happy to roll-up sleeves and muck in
- A highly collaborative team player and team builder
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured creative and commercial environment
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply.
The recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. For any queries, contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691 or email Philippa_irvine@vfc.com