Principal Adviser - Permanent
We are looking for a motivated and driven person to join the Provider Services team, Learning Support in National Office, Wellington.
Working within the Provider Services team you lead the provision of specialised work programmes that support students across New Zealand to stay engaged and achieve in education. Maintaining a national overview of the activities being delivered and provide guidance, support and improvements to ensure the delivery of high programmes and services.
The work is complex, demanding and involves:
- a focus on student achievement, in particular for the Ministry's priority learners
- creating change and improvement through design and implementation of new approaches and tools to support the engagement and achievement of students
- national level design, planning, monitoring and reporting on new initiatives and programmes
- managing relationships with the sector, other agencies, and providers of education services.
In this role you will be expected to contribute to the overall work of the team. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- an in-depth understanding of factors influencing education performance and achievement for the ministry's priority at risk learners
- prepare high quality expert advice on strategic and operational risks, issues and opportunities at senior official level
- provide leadership, mentoring and professional support to team members
- lead the implementation and operation of policies that affect the programmes and services
- supporting management with business planning, financial tracking and forecasting
- lead change management and business initiatives to ensure quality comes are achieved for all learners
- relationship and stakeholder management experience
- excellent writing skills and communication skills
If you're interested in making a difference and this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
For further information please contact Jason Ragg on 04 463-2826 or Jason.Ragg@education.govt.nz
Applications close Wednesday 9 December