Judges Personal Assistant (Permanent, Part Time 24 hours, 3 days per week)
Christchurch District Court
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
Providing an efficient and effective administrative and secretarial support service to District Court Judges
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
- Take responsibility for processing, amending, correcting and finalising all NTS Judicial documents and sending them to the apppropriate requester and Court.
- Arrange travel, accommodation, itineraries and support to Judges when travelling to sit at other Courts.
- Assist the Judges with general queries around the use of office equipment and supplies.
Thanks to your impressive organisational skills and impeccable spelling and grammar, you, together with colleagues, will provide efficient and effective administrative secretarial support to the Judges at the Christchurch District Court.
With your demonstrated interpersonal skills and a strong attention to detail, you are confident working alone, as well as being part of a team, effectively prioritising your workflow, so you'll tackle duties such as organising appointments, arranging travel and coordinating meetings with ease.
You will demonstrate the highest level of integrity, and have the ability to deal professionally with matters of a highly sensitive nature.
Additional requirements include:
- An accurate audio-typing speed of at least 70 words per minute.
- A high standard of written English (comprehension, punctuation, spelling and grammar).
- Composure under pressure and being adaptable. Your goal will be to maximise the Judges' ability to carry out their Judicial and extra Judicial responsibilities effectively.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary range: $48,853 - $68,968.
Applications close on Friday 4 November 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com