Passionate about the Environment? Want to contribute to our sustainability?
Kia hiwa rā!
We believe in growing and farming the most sustainable products for the betterment of people and the planet. This is an opportunity for you to join our journey.
Ngāi Tahu Farming is the kaitiaki (guardian) of the most significant whenua (land) footprint for Ngāi Tahu whānui spanning almost 100,000 ha of farm and forestry land in Te Waipounamu (the South Island).
Our kaupapa (purpose) is based on the values and vision of Ngāi Tahu iwi and is best represented by the Ngāi Tahu proverb 'when land and water are sustained the people will prosper' Toitū te Marae o Tāne, Toitū te Marae o Tangaroa, Toitū te Iwi.
Sustainability is inherent in the kaupapa of Ngāi Tahu Farming and covers every business function, geographic location within Te Waipounamu, and anywhere our product is used or consumed. The Sustainability and Assets team have an in-depth understanding of our business which allows them to drive sustainability initiatives.
Reporting to our General Manager - Sustainability and Assets, we are seeking to appoint a Sustainability Coordinator on a fixed term to cover a 12 month parental leave. The successful candidate will support the General Manager to ensure Ngāi Tahu Farming delivers on sustainability across water and soils, planting and biodiversity and climate change.
What we can offer the successful applicant?
- Supportive team environment;
- Great opportunities for learning and career progression;
- Competitive remuneration.
Our ideal candidate will have:
We look for people who have the personality and expertise that can help us adopt and contribute to a circular economy which puts sustainability and people at the heart of everything we do:
- Interested in sustainability in the agri-sector;
- Demonstrated excellence in both oral and written language skills;
- Advanced user of excel, word and outlook;
- An ability to monitor projects and report on their progress;
- Experience working with contractors;
- Can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously;
- A relevant tertiary qualification is advantageous;
- Previous experience in the Agriculture sector would be advantageous;
- A commitment to Ngāi Tahu Farming's quadruple bottom line;
- An awareness and understanding of Ngāi Tahu values and a willingness to learn tikanga and te reo Māori.
- CRM experience is desirable.
Ngāi Tahu Farming is committed to kia hoki ora atu; ensuring everyone is home safe every day, so before starting with us, you will go through a range of checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
We will consider and actively encourage internal and external secondments. To apply, please follow the link below and submit your application online. For confidential enquiries, please contact Rebecca McQueen, Rebecca.email@example.com
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!