Requisition Title - Chief Analyst ProgrammerJob Number: - NEW042799 Description
About The Role In ANZ part of our mission is to create surprisingly easy ways to join and bank with ANZ. We have multiple squads that contribute to this with their strong focus on creating awesome digital experiences across a number of channels eg Internet and Mobile Banking. Because our work has numerous customer segment touch points, we’ll lean on your experience and expertise in the microservices space to help us ensure our solutions are simple, robust, adaptable, and maintainable. Because this will involve extensive work with our Salesforce deployment teams, you will get the opportunity to build and develop skills in and around Salesforce.
- Join ANZ and help transform the current digital service offering landscape – and develop Salesforce skills too!
- Showcase your Extensive Java, Microservices and API Development skills to help in the deployment of our Salesforce platforms.
- Great benefits package on offer, including Southern Cross Health Insurance.
In this Chief Analyst Programmer role, you will proactively lead and provide technical thought leadership across technical solutions, setting development standards and practices and overseeing technical delivery so development sequences and actions lead to prioritised business and technology outcomes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead – and be part of a team that:
Role Location: Wellington Role Type: Permanent About You We are looking for a seasoned Chief Analyst Programmer with a significant Java Development background that is comfortable leading others. Ideally, you have experience in developing finance related customer centric applications at an enterprise level. You will have experience working with both operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable solutions, be a team player, happy to work cross functionally as required, including mentoring others with the ability to communicate effectively in both business and technical settings.
- Dramatically increase the speed and frequency of feature delivery
- Contribute to solution design in the Microservices space and provide guidance to the community around best practice
- Build new digital solutions, making life easy for our customers
- Create a culture of learning, so that all of our developers can develop in the java stack
- Continuously simplifying and automating our build, test and deployment practices
- Create a culture of learning, so that all of our team can develop in the java based platform
- Build a new user experience to put the customer at the centre of everything we do.
As you will be spending your day working alongside other developers, testers, BA’s, designers, Architects, and Product Owners you need to be able to communicate complex technical issues and be good at asking hard questions, at the right time. You’ll be working in small teams where collaboration and relationship building is key. We are interested in people who enjoy a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, who don’t get attached to a particular technology or practice and importantly who want to drive change in the organisation.
In this role you will ideally bring most, if not all, of the following:
Our team is highly Agile, creative and focused on quality outcomes, so to fit in you will be:
- Extensive experience in leading commercial software development with Microservices/API as a senior lead developer
- Extensive experience in leading Java development at an enterprise level (Spring Boot, Java 8+, Spring)
- Extensive experience leading API development and integration (REST/JSON, Kafka, message queues)
- In depth technical knowledge of database systems (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience working with Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration pipelines
- Experience working with container platforms (Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Experience leading and working with CI/CD pipeline automation (Jenkins)
- Experience leading QA review process using source control tools Bitbucket and Github
- Experience of software design using standard industry standard patterns and tools
- Experience with API service testing
- In depth technical knowledge and understanding of relational databases, web services, messaging, stubbing, Unix commands, and Linux experience
Some of our other benefits include:
- Scrum/Agile experienced
- Very experienced working in, or within self-organising teams
- A self-managing individual that is proactive and curious with leadership skills
- Highly communicative with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An agile and open mindset – able to consider new ideas and approaches to complex situations
To find out more about what it is like to work in ANZ’s Technology team watch this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ccJeITDTc&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0laTpfWblMpT3vKZMqMOEleQpRwKOEJZvrS4KnQYou6Y8k_qkdtOZBxms About ANZ Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That’s why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
- Various leave options, including family Leave, parental Leave (26 weeks fully paid), lifestyle Leave
- Staff Banking and Insurance benefits
- Dedicated online learning & development portal to develop your skills and career
- Southern Cross Health Insurance
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Integrity – We are honest and fair Collaboration – We work together for the customer Accountability – We take ownership and get things done Respect – We care for all those we serve Excellence – We challenge ourselves to be better
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
ANZ recognises the importance of flexible working, watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world;
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit http://www.anz.co.nz/careers
Applications close Friday 4th December.
Please note, because of the urgency of this role and current COVID-19 related NZ Border restrictions, applications will only be considered from those that are currently in New Zealand and have a current, indefinite and unrestricted right to work in New Zealand.
** No sponsorship or visa support can be provided at this time. **
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for the reference number NEW042799 ##GD4.3