I am looking for a Lead Cloud Engineer with a strong understanding of Microsoft Azure governance principles and policy establishment. This role will be key in ensuring that the organisations scaffolding and foundations are solid, so that they can continue to build up into the cloud. There will be many exciting challenges, including but not limited to DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, and Security.
You will be joining a diverse team with a range of skillsets. They are committed to their work but like to have fun along the way. At this organisation they encourage their people to bring their whole selves to work. They can offer you the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that encourages creative thinking, supports you to work independently and gives you the freedom and flexibility to really make your mark.
- Collaborate to drive architecture and deliver solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform with a specialised focus on Azure capabilities specific to security, virtualisation, migration, and automation.
- Assist in design, testing, and migration of various on-prem solutions to the cloud following industry best practices.
- Communicate with other teams to determine requirements; play a prominent role in the design of cloud-based technologies to support the business.
- Lead and/or assist team members and customers with problem solving related to cloud-based system performance and usage.
- Mentor and encourage training and upskilling of team members
- Lead and be a champion for Infrastructure as Code (IaC) by delivering automation of Azure resources through Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates.
- Set up deployment pipelines in Azure DevOps, git repositories, PowerShell scripts for Azure-based solutions.
- Document physical architectures in Azure using Visio with relevant Azure stencils. Ensure Azure based solutions adhere to naming standards and governance standards both by implementing Azure policies and through the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Skills & Experience:
- Substantial experience supporting, designing, and implementing cloud systems
- Substantial experience configuring, installing, and maintaining cloud services (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS)
- Demonstrated significant experience with Microsoft Azure in an Enterprise environment with a focus on security.
- Strong understanding of cloud governance principles and policy establishment
- Experience leading problem resolution of cloud-based systems, including go-live/post golive support
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills; ability to operate at a high level both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience leading analysis, project work and problem-solving both independently and as part of a team
- Azure Certification is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Harry Demitriou on 04 471 9702.
I am looking for a Lead Cloud Engineer with a strong understanding of Microsoft Azure governance principles and policy establishment. This role will be key in ensuring that the organisations scaffolding and foundations are solid, so that they can continue to build up into the cloud ...