Are you an experienced software engineer who is committed to technical excellence? Do you have the engineering capability to help us in transitioning to virtualised environments?
Our clients protect communities, power cities, move citizens, harness resources and save lives all over the world. We design and manage innovative communication environments for organisations that have to put their total trust in the systems and people they work with.
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineer for our Platform and OS team. In this role, you will contribute to the Platform and OS team to ensure the successful enhancement, development and maintenance of the product lines. You will work with the team to define a strategy and architecture for on-premises, private and public cloud deployments of our infrastructure applications.
In this role, you will
- Work with teams of talented engineers to define the strategy and architecture for on-premises, private and public cloud deployments of our infrastructure applications
- Promote best practices and drive the adoption of new technologies to enhance products, improve performance, streamline processes, code, and ensure high quality.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership of all the projects and problems being worked on by the group
- Participate in software architectural discussions, influencing decisions, and collaborating with peers to maintain consistency across the group.
- Effectively communicate and share understanding across engineering with best practices.
The successful candidate will have
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Proven experience with CI/CD and/or developing micro-services
- Familiarity with virtualisation architectures and tools (e.g. KVM, vSphere, Linux, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana . . .)
- Familiarity with cloud environments e.g. Azure, AWS
- Experience working in, and evangelizing for Agile/Scrum product development
- Ability to handle dependencies across multiple teams
- Strong communication skills: conversational, written, and presentation
In return, we can offer
- Great opportunity to work for a New Zealand company with a global reach
- State of the art office facilities with free parking
- Health insurance benefits for you and your family
- Flexible working culture
- Long service benefits
Our business is constantly evolving to keep pace with the needs of our clients, and we know that our skills and knowledge will have to adapt and grow accordingly. The work is varied and successful engineers at Tait embrace the opportunity to learn and do new things.
For more information about the company, our products and solutions offered to our customers, please visit our website -www.taitradio.com
If this role is of interest to you, apply now with your CV and cover letter. Applications will close 10 January 2021.
Please note that Tait Communications operates a closedown over the Christmas and New Year period, and applications received during this time will not be reviewed until after the application window has closed.