Permanent / Full Time
Kia hiwa rā!
We believe in growing and farming the most sustainable products for the betterment of people and the planet. This is an opportunity for you to join our journey.
Our kaupapa (purpose) is based on the values and vision of Ngāi Tahu iwi and is best represented by the
Ngāi Tahu proverb Toitū te marae o Tāne, toitū te marae o Tangaroa, toitū te iwi 'when land and water are sustained the people will prosper'.
Ngāi Tahu Farming is the kaitiaki (guardian) of the most significant whe nua (land) footprint for Ngāi Tahu whānui spanning almost 100,000 ha of farm and forestry land in Te Waipounamu.
Strategically Ngai Tahu Farming is looking to provide all kaimahi (staff) with opportunities to begin, grow and nurture their dairying skills. The business is invested in ensuring there are pathways for skilled, competent and committed kaimahi to progress within the organisation from farm assistants to share milkers.
The company also recognises that growing its business means evolving its farming assets to provide positive environmental, social, cultural and financial outcomes and its ambition is to be an exemplar to the Canterbury dairy industry of what good looks like from a quadruple bottom line perspective.
Ngai Tahu Farming is mindful of its environmental impact across its operations, farming well below its consented limits and leading the industry in measuring and monitoring its footprint with lysimeters and dedicated water quality bores across the whenua (land).
Our Dairy team consists of eight dairy farms and five dairy support farms over 3450 ha at Te Whenua Hou (Eyrewell), half an hour north of Christchurch. Farm sizes range from 275 - 360 hectares, milking 850 - 1,100 cows. Each of the farms operates a 64 bale fully automated rotary shed, utilising Protrack, and has a fully pivoted irrigation system that utilises several other best-practice technologies.
With the new season approaching, we are looking for high performing Dairy Farm Manager to join our whānau.
What we can offer the successful applicant?
- Fully pivoted irrigation systems with injected effluent capability and variable rate technology
- Access and involvement with industry leading practices
- Great opportunities for learning and career progression
- Support and guidance with industry leading farming practices and performance
- Competitive remuneration including health and life Insurance and newly built housing
- As an employer we support the mental wellbeing of our kaimahi and offer fully funded counselling through our provider
- Close proximity to Oxford, Rangiora and Kaiapoi schooling and communities, and Christchurch city
The ideal candidate will be:
- A high achiever in their current role and want to make the next step in their career a positive one
- Someone with strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and progress
- A leader and team player motivated by individual and group success
- Committed to Ngāi Tahu Farming's quadruple bottom line (social, environmental, cultural and economic pillars);
- Willing to learn tikanga and te reo Māori.
Ngāi Tahu Farming is committed to kia hoki ora atu; ensuring everyone is home safe every day. Before starting with us, you will go through a range of checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
We will consider and actively encourage internal and external secondments. To apply, please follow the link below and submit your application online. For confidential enquiries, please contact Rebecca McQueen, HR Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!Job Details
Reference # 18943
Business areas Ngāi Tahu Farming
Posted on Saturday 12 Dec 2020
Closes on 18 Dec 2020 12:00
Expertise Agriculture, farming & forestry
Work type(s) Permanent