Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
About the Role
The QA Tester is responsible for the functional quality of a developed application. It is their job to identify all application defects prior to release to the client. This requires a true commitment to quality and an attitude of ownership of the Test stage. Occasionally a project will require more than one test analyst. In these circumstances a test lead will be assigned. They will be responsible for the tasks identified in the Testing Admin section below, as well as managing the project test resources.
What you’ll bring
- Able to code in C#
- Proven ability to create test suites with Open Source and/or commercial tools and frameworks like Selenium
- Experience with version control and continuous delivery systems would be ideal, e.g. Git, TFS
- Good mathematical skills
- Good analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- A passion for writing clean, straightforward code and developing sensible test frameworks.
- Experience working as a Technical Test Engineer or Technical Tester across a range of architectures (e.g. API testing, UI testing, application security, contract testing, performance testing)
Why you want to join us
- Develop & execute test plans against developed features and components. Identify and report defects, work with team to resolve
- Configure, use and manage test data and environments in strict accordance with all internal and customer security standards
- Perform multi-user testing on relevant parts of the system
- Perform stress, load and other performance testing on relevant parts of the system
- Smoke Testing an environment as deemed necessary, and always prior to a release
- Ensure Datacom Test environments are an adequate representation of the client environment
At Datacom we believe that doing good, is good for business. We’ve maintained our local family feel whilst expanding globally, across Australia, ASIA, US and the UK. Our brand and reputation depend on ‘proving the promise’ and we aspire to be the trusted advisor for our customers across Government and the private sector from enterprise scale to regional business. We offer our staff a competitive salary package, fantastic perks and benefits like healthcare, life insurance, discounts at local retailers and a supportive, flexible working environment. If you want to join a company making a difference, apply now!