- Closes 17 Jan 2021
- Posted 26 Dec 2020
MidCentral District Health Board advocates for affirmative action and actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
We have an opportunity for an experienced typist/transcriptionist to work in our Healthy Women, Children and Youth Cluster as a Departmental Transcriptionist.
This role supports departments within the Cluster by providing effective and timely typing and transcription services to the people in our region that use our service.
This full time role is temporary covering parental leave for up to six months. The hours are Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm.
This is a busy role and excellent communication skills are paramount and a willingness to be a team player is a must as you will also provide support to your colleagues who work for other departments. You will be customer focused with excellent keyboard skills, communication and secretarial/administrative skills and possess the following attributes:
- Excellent word processing/data entry skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy and presentation
- Experience with medical terminology and Winscribe would be an advantage - excellent touch typing skills are essential as you will be working with an electronic dictation system. Previous experience with digital dictation would also be preferred
- Able to work closely with colleagues and the ability to manage a variety of departments needs in a busy environment
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines/KPI's
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A strong commitment toward quality improvement.
Location(s) Palmerston North
Work type(s) MidCentral District Health Board (Palmerston North)