Occupational Therapist (Wheelchair & Seating Therapist)
Location: Palmerston North
Haere mai ki te mahi o Te Papa-i-Oea , Te Rohi Taone o Aotearoa
The city is a hot spot for rose gardens, arts and a leading light for agriculture research. The Maori name for the city is Papaioea which is believed to mean "How beautiful it is."
Welcome to Geneva Healthcare
Geneva Healthcare is seeking applications from Occupational Therapists interested in working as independent contractors to join our team alongside Seating to Go based in Palmerston North. You will be a part of a team of therapists working in community based assessment and rehabilitation services with a focus on wheelchair and seating provision with people of all ages and abilities.
What’s In It for You:
- A variety of work opportunities
- Flexible hours
- Wheelchair and seating assessment training and support from our specialist wheelchair and seating service: Seating to Go.
- A work life balance, a supportive team and values based culture
- Competitive market pay rates
- Opportunities to grow your knowledge with our team of therapists and develop rewarding relationships with our clients
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following requirements
- You will need to be a NZ-registered Occupational Therapist with experience in wheeled mobility and postural management assessments.
- Have a passion for this work, a willingness to extend your knowledge and practice in an on-going way and enjoy working in a community-based environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience in wheelchair and seating assessments or an associated field
- Reliability, ability to manage self and time
- Understanding and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Tikanga Maori
- Good communication skills and computer literacy are essential.
- A clean, full driver's licence is preferred
Geneva Healthcare – Wellness and Rehabilitation provides a range of program so people can manage their health and well-being after an injury or illness or living with a disability. Our experienced interdisciplinary team use a person-centred, strength-based, solution- focused approach to suit specific needs. Seating to Go is nationally recognised for service provision and the ability to provide training and mentoring, so you would be joining a supportive and progressive team. Check us out at www.seatingtogo.co.nz and www.genevahealth.com.
How to apply
If you are up for a challenge, bring your experience to our organisation. Click the apply button and send your CV and covering letter. For more information please call Maylaine at 0800 266 577 ext 9295. (We are closed from Dec 23 to Jan 6, 2021)
Reference#: WheelSeating Palmy