About the role
We are looking for a motivated Service Desk Engineer to join our high performing Information Technology (IT) Team. You will join a team of four who are dedicated as the single point of contact for all IT incidents & requests, providing technical assistance and support to our network. You will thrive on a busy workload, multi-tasking, and managing incoming tickets through to close. This is a hands-on role, based out of our Christchurch Office with a wider escalation team.
The role is a Monday - Friday role, with variable shift patterns required between the hours of 6:30am - 5:30pm.
IT at Ravensdown
The wider Ravensdown IT team consists of approx. 40 individuals who are dedicated to ensuring our external customers have the technology available to support our company goal to enable smarter farming for a better New Zealand (Ka pūkekotia a Rongomātāne, ka poho kererū a Aotearoa), whilst supporting an internal customer network, of 600+, with the latest technology to support their roles.
We are looking for a team player who can understand the needs of our internal customers and remain calm under pressure, focusing on process improvement while delivering service excellence. You will have strong technical abilities, with a sound understanding of modern network architecture and desktop support. Most importantly you will be driven by finding solutions and have proactive problem-solving skills.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant IT qualification
- Experience troubleshooting across a range of systems. Microsoft Office 365 suite, Service Now, Intune and Citrix preferred
- A working understanding of Active Directory user management
- Prior service desk or IT support experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate to individuals with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- High attention to detail
- Natural desire to learn and grow through change
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Experience with mobile devices, in particular iPhones and iPads
- Familiar with ITIL
- Knowledge of Information Security
- 5% superannuation & health insurance
- Great company culture
- Opportunities for training and development
To apply, click 'Apply Now' and send your CV and covering letter to Stephanie Brickland, Senior HR Advisor.
Applications close on 20 January 2021
Ravensdown is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Job DetailsReference # 2168
Posted on 06 Jan 2021
Closes on 20 Jan 2021 23:55
Expertise Information Technology
Job level(s) Experienced
Work type(s) Permanent full-time