- New Zealand
- No close date
- Recruiting Now
Controls Engineer – AucklandApply Now
Scott has an opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join our team in Auckland.
This position is responsible for ensuring the electrical and controls function of our equipment and projects meet all relevant standards and established commercial criteria. This includes meeting project cost budgets and project timelines.
- Develop and write machine software PLC/HMI/Servo/SCADA/Robot code ensuring safe and appropriate control design standards are used.
- Set up and debug developed code, communication networks, drive systems (servo/VSD/soft starters)
- Design electrical and control circuits, ensuring safe and appropriate electrical design methods are used.
- Attend project and commissioning meetings to report progress on functionality, budget and schedule.
- Assist Mechanical Design with converting design briefs into design details and working drawings.
- Travel away from home will be expected
We are looking for someone with;
- Degree qualified in the field of Mechatronics Engineer (preferred), Software Engineer, Electrical Engineering or similar;
- 5 years relevant experience in product design, industrial automation or similar;
- Single minded focus on delivering specified functional outputs on time and to budget;
- Solid understanding and proficient user of project management tools;
- Strong analytical skills to determine alternative pathways for mitigating risk, reducing cost or creating float in project schedules;
- Right to live and work in New Zealand permanently.
At Scott we automate the future. The automated production and process machinery we design and build deliver productivity gains and exceptional reliability to many of the world's leading manufacturers. We also go a step beyond engineering production solutions to actually revolutionising entire industries - using robotics to automate manual processes and create genuine competitive advantage.
For over 100 years Scott has looked to tomorrow and rapidly responded to shifting needs. Today, we have production bases in the United States, Germany, China, Australia, and New Zealand, customers in 88 countries, and a real commitment to developing new technology and bringing it to market. Our parent company JBS - is the world's largest protein company and world's second largest food company. Across everything we do you will discover true quality, advanced engineering and a renowned design aesthetic.
If you're looking to take your career to the next level in a global company with a reputation for excellence, then you don't need to look any further.
For more information, please visit www.scottautomation.com
How to Apply:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading company. Interested?
Apply through our careers website www.jobs.scott.co.nz Seek users - please exit Seek to apply online. For further enquires contact Claire Hogue (HR Manager) at email@example.com
Applications close 24 January 2021
Scott Technology is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.