Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, you will be working in a team responsible for the provision of scientific advice and solutions relating to nutrient management, agronomy, agricultural systems through effective research, extension, and project management. You will be required to combine academic capability with commercial acumen to help deliver commercialisation of science-based solutions for our shareholders. You will engage with the wider agricultural industry and external stakeholders (such as Crown Research Institute scientists, agricultural industry bodies, and Regional Councils) to seek input to support project delivery and relevance.
- Technical training and support
- Contribute to technical publications
- Research leadership and development participation
- Work with the technical champions in the I&S team
- Engage with farmer shareholders and businesses
- Deliver scientific papers and layperson technical information
You will have previous experience in a similar role with sound agronomic knowledge of the major agricultural production systems in New Zealand. The ability to communicate effectively and devolve technical information into easily understood material will be a strength of yours. Collaboratively working with the national team to prepare and present technical information to the stakeholders. An attitude of adaptability, dependability and interest in continuous improvement will see you succeed.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- A Masters (essential) or PhD (desirable) in agricultural science, soil science or related agricultural field
- Experience in a technical role in an agricultural or related industry
- Research experience, including conducting field trials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks to deadlines in a busy environment
If you are an experienced scientific professional looking for an excellent career development opportunity where you will be recognised as a technical expert in your field, then this is the role for you.
The location of this role is flexible in one of the following locations:
To find out more, click on the 'Apply' to send your CV and cover letter to Stephanie Brickland Senior HR Advisor.
Applications close on Sunday, 31 January 2021.
Ravensdown is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Job DetailsReference # 2130
Posted on 11 Jan 2021
Closes on 31 Jan 2021 23:55
Location(s) Auckland, Christchurch, Napier
Expertise Agriculture, Innovation & Strategy
Job level(s) Experienced
Work type(s) Permanent full-time