Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge 5G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Technical Writer in New Zealand or Slovenia
To be responsible for providing clear and accurate technical documentation for Aviat products, including pre-sales (e.g. datasheets, product descriptions) and post-sales (e.g. installation guide, user manual). This role is supported with content direct from engineering and key responsibilities are to own (and improve) the process of creation, editing and updating, and publication. Author-It (component authoring solutions) is the key tool for the Technical Writer for document assembly and control, and they will utilize HighSpot (online sales enablement tool) for online publication.
Key Working Relationships:
- Engineering development teams, including Managers, engineers and contractors
- Product Line Management, including Managers and contractors
- Product Marketing, including Managers and contractors
- Sales and Sales Support Staff, including local and remote Account Managers, pre- and post-sales managers
- Local and International Customers, including Managers, Engineers and Field personnel
May be required to manage contractors.
- Interpret, write and publish technical documentation, including
o Product Descriptions
o Installation guides
o User guides
o Product Ordering guides
o CLI descriptions
o Release Notes
- Conduct methodical process for technical and marketing content creation, review and publication
- Liaise with subject matter experts throughout the content creation cycle
- Write/illustrate and present technical information in such a way that it can easily be understood by users – both technical and non-technical
- Prepare illustrations/artwork for documents or direct creation of artwork for documents
- Contribute to company documentation standards, i.e. Style guide, document templates, on-line and printed publishing standards.
- Be responsible for document formats responsive to technical and customer requirements, ensuring compliance with company document standards, styles, formats and quality assurance standards.
- Develop and maintain online help formats and templates for use by Technical Publications
- Manage context sensitivity for online help via communication with developers and updating relevant .aspx files
- Test documentation to ensure that it matches the finished product
- Manage support of document translations
- Support Distribution of finalized documents
- Improve the creation and editing processes to reduce the time taken to create, approve and release new technical documentation
- Identify technical/marketing deliverables based on Contract, User, Department requirements, with assistance from Supervisor when needed
- Provide training and documentation to other team members regarding online help templates and generation
- Writing and publishing marketing collateral, as required
Health & Safety:
Protecting self and colleagues from hazards and harm by
- Wearing or using whatever safety clothing and equipment is provided
- Working in a safe way in accordance with the company rules
- Using good work habits
- Being constantly aware of any hazards and immediately bringing them to the attention of Human Resources
- Being constantly aware of own safety
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong technical writing experience for electronic / software products
- Experience in RF, telecommunications or computing fields
- Experience in user interface design
- Experience in online help management
- Knowledge of online help publication software systems (MadCap Flare) with HTML and CSS coding abilities
- Desktop skills using writing and publishing tools including MadCap Flare (preferred), MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or equivalent such as Google Docs
- Desktop skills for Adobe products, including Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere
- Familiarity with localization software
- Professional & Technical Competence
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Deals with changing environments
- Customer Orientation
- Career and Self-Development
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Results Orientation
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Active Listening/Solicits Input
Working Conditions & Environment:
We encourage you to read our Candidate Privacy Notice. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do this you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aviat Networks provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status, disability or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law.
Aviat Networks offers a competitive benefits package. Apply NOW to learn more!