This role is responsible for developing and growing VMware’s Cloud Services business through the Managed Service Provider eco-system within New Zealand. This role involves evangelizing and productizing VMware’s Digital Workspace (Workspace One), Hybrid Cloud (VMware Cloud on AWS), Multi-Cloud management (Cloud Health) and SD-WAN (VeloCloud) SaaS services by partnering and developing solution-oriented practices within the Global System Integrator, Telco and Cloud Provider market segments. This role is well suited for individuals with a background in ICT product development, managed services and/or strategic partner development who are able to demonstrate a successful track-record in one or more of the technology domains described above. The Senior Business Development Manager for Cloud Services will be responsible for defining new offerings and providing prescriptive guidance to VMware partners as well as enabling them to deliver customer outcomes by leveraging both, global and local resources, product specialists, cloud solution architects, field sales teams and marketing resources. In addition, the Senior BDM is also required to support the ‘Order to Cash’ processes to accelerate customer adoption and revenues. These processes consist of order management, services provisioning and reporting.
- Drive adoption of VMware Cloud services in New Zealand
- Execute Product Development, Service Delivery and Strategic Partner Development programs
- Create IP and collateral (business cases, costing models) to support practice development for one or more technology/solution domains
- Responsible for sales quota achievement
- Develop and maintain effective relationships in key accounts
- Opportunity forecasting, pipeline management and sales reporting
- Support Order-to-cash processes to drive revenue recognition
- Experienced in Public Cloud services/solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and/or any of the following cloud software platforms: VMware, Red Hat, ServiceNow, Pivotal
- Demonstrable track-record in Product development, Managed Services and/or Strategic Partner Development at Global System Integrators, Telco, Cloud Solution Providers, and/or Managed Services Providers
- Requires strong business acumen and cloud services market/industry knowledge
- Proven ability for building business cases, qualifying use-cases and articulating the solution value proposition to C-level execs
- Expertise in practice development programs
- Exposure to diverse teams with strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Well organized and effective in the development and execution of business development plans
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
/>Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.