- Variety & Challenge
- Commercial building & swimming pools compliance
- Investigations & inspectionn
This role has a balance of time inside and outside the office with considerable interface with the public.
With an end goal of safety, you will be involved in timely and efficient Building Warrant of Fitness inspections, Building Act compliance including enforcement processes, and the maintenance of accurate records in relation to compliance schedules, pool inspections and investigations.
If you're ready for your next career move, please review the preferred experience and qualifications below and tell us in your cover letter how we're a great match for each other:
solid experience in a regulatory field or an investigatory capacity
- a background in the building or construction industry
- experience in interpretation and application of plans, legislation, legal opinions and case law
- experience with a Building Consent authority
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- proficient digital literacy
- ideally working towards or hold a relevant Diploma or degree
- any trade qualifications and experience of specified systems and for fire protection
- current full drivers license
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous leave provisions, some flexibility to work from home and ongoing professional development in an inclusive and supportive work environment.
View Job Description
"Working together to make Nelson an even better place"
Nelson City Council is an organisation filled with supportive people who love this beautiful city of ours. We have amazing weather and a gorgeous natural environment to play in, and our city always has something going on. It’s a great place for all ages.
Applications close: Midnight 28 February 2021
For more information about the role itself please contact: Charlotte Spilman, Team Leader, Building Compliance: +64 35395565