The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for an entry level Executive Assistant (EA) with strong administration skills to join our Assurance Team. You will be supporting a group of Partners and Directors within the Assurance Service line and working with a team of three other Executive Assistants in the Assurance Team. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis in Auckland, for a 10 month fixed contract.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Assurance Partners / Directors
- Word processing / document formatting for client reports, letters and proposals (applying EY standard on various documents, presentations and proposals etc)
- Updating the client relationship database
- Scheduling of meetings, arranging travel, co-ordinating events for various executive meetings and client activities
- Process expenses in line with EY expense policy
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents as required
Skills and attributes for success
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in a team environment and/or handling secretarial services
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and MS Outlook
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Experience and confidence working with Partners, clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple demands and preferably experience supporting multiple people simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to ‘connect the dots’ to fulfil requests
- High attention to detail and consistency of output
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Effective problem solver, even in the most challenging or difficult situations
- Ability to understand professional pressures and remain resilient under these circumstances
- A positive, can do attitude and happy to assist the wide EA team as a whole
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone + 64 9 300 7044.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2020 Ernst & Young, New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.