We are looking for an experienced Board Secretary who has sound knowledge of Board governance and compliance requirements and to provide effective support to the Chair, the Chief Executive, the NMIT Board and its sub-committees. This role is part time 15 hours pw.
The key responsibilities for the role are:
- providing administrative support for the business of the Board and its sub-committees
- ensuring the effective operation of the NMIT Board and providing high level strategic advice pertaining to policy and governance.
About you / He kōrero mōu
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years experience in Board secretarial role,
- The ability to provide solid advice and guidance on Board governance and compliance requirements.
What we offer / Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
- Great central location with free onsite parking
- Modern on-site facilities including café/restaurant/sports facilities/library
- Excellent employee benefits including discounted local childcare and tuition fees
About NMIT / He kōrero mō Te Whare Wānanga o Te Tauihu o Te Waka a Māui
NMIT is Government owned, NZQA Category One tertiary education institute. It operates three campuses, servicing over 6500 tertiary students from the Nelson and Marlborough regions, and from all over the world. Our promise is 'work-ready, world-ready graduates'.
We accept applications from New Zealand residents, with current work eligibility, via our online application systems. For a job description, please follow the application link.
Application close date is midnight on Sunday 28 February 2021.