We have a great opportunity for a highly skilled and dependable Research Librarian to join our team.
Reporting to the Research Services Manager, you will be an integral part of providing world-class technical and research support to ensure quality learning, teaching and research to partners and their legal teams, who are renowned for their expertise in their chosen area of law.
Your responsibilities will include:
Reference and Research Service
Current awareness/targeted information delivery
- Advising users on suitable authorities and sources
- Answering reference enquiries
- Gathering and analysing data for business development projects
- Sourcing copies of cases, judgments, reports, articles and other documents on demand
- Recording time on in-house system
New staff orientation and training
- Monitoring and distribution of legal, regulatory and business news to targeted groups of individuals
- Maintaining content on intranet alerting services.
- Contributing to team collection management activities
- Contributing to team planning and implementation of new or improved services
- Research Centre orientation for new staff
- Electronic database training
- Research training for Graduates & Summer Clerks
- Assisting with preparation & updating of training documentation
Invested in your future. It’s a promise we make to our people, our clients, and Aotearoa New Zealand. Put simply, it means our best future is in helping you shape yours. Supporting your success, creating great outcomes, and investing in long-term relationships.
We are one of the country’s leading full-service commercial law firms with 300+ team members across our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices. At Simpson Grierson you’ll enjoy an inclusive working environment, receive great support and training, and enjoy fantastic opportunities to succeed and grow.
You will have experience in a similar position and be passionate about developing and maintaining sustainable and relevant research. You will also bring to the role your knowledge of emerging technologies and their implications for research support which will enable you to deliver effective training programmes. You will ensure you keep to date with legal and business trends and current events.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A professional library qualification
- Experience in a law firm or other corporate environment;
- Strong knowledge in legal or business research;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of building relationships with internal clients;
If you are interested in a challenging, creative role working with a close-knit team of experienced colleagues, we'd love to hear from you. Applications are due by 24 March 2021.