Business Development Manager
UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO PATHWAYS AND LANGUAGE CENTRE
Who we are
The University of Otago is New Zealand's oldest University and has a strong teaching and research tradition and well-established national and international linkages. It is also one of New Zealand's largest universities, with over 20,000 students, assets in excess of $2.0 billion and 4,000 full time equivalent staff based in Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland and Invercargill.
Ranked within the top 1% of universities in the world, the University of Otago recognises that our staff are the key to our success.
Working with the University of Otago Pathways and Language Centre who provide expert English language tuition, academic knowledge and entry qualification into the University, this position really is a rare opportunity to join the University and make a real difference.
This is your chance to join an iconic New Zealand tertiary education institution in a role that will see you growing our student numbers through the promotion of both the University of Otago Pathways and Language Centre online and on campus programmes and courses.
Your role as a Business Development Manager is to promote the University’s Pathways and Language Centre programmes and courses. You will also:
- identify opportunities to develop new courses and programmes that meet market requirements;
- grow existing and develop new relationships;
- enhance the University’s reputation as a world-leading research institution; and
- diversify and grow a range of sustainable revenue streams from both domestic and international sources.
It is crucial for this role to bring in a pipeline of new opportunities.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification, and suitable experience within business development or education development role(s).
- Proven success in client management and business development.
- Experience in a role(s) involving education product development.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- High performing service culture.
- Proven business acumen and results focused.
- Ability to effectively and diplomatically relate to a diverse range of people and cultures.
- Proficiency with digital technologies.
- Experience working in the tertiary sector.
- Able to speak other languages.
- Experience working internationally.
The position is suited to someone who is driven and has high levels of energy to succeed in a complex and challenging environment. You need to be a highly effective communicator at all levels with everyone you work with internally and externally, so if you have exceptional relationship and communications skills, we would love to hear from you.
This is a full time, permanent role.
We offer competitive salary, 5 weeks’ annual leave, a 6.75% superannuation scheme, and the ability to achieve real work/life balance.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
For further information, or to discuss the role in confidence, please contact David Gadsby, Recruitment Consultant via the contact details below.
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter) please click the apply button below. Applications quoting reference number 2100479 will close on Sunday, 14 March 2021.