Information Technology Services
- Full-time at 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
- Fixed term position (12 months)
What You Will Do
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Application Support Consultant within the ITS Team. In this role, you are responsible for supporting the life cycle management of applications used by our student support service teams across UC, such as the recreation and health centre. This role involves triaging tickets, applying system updates for enhancements and patches, data maintenance, problem management and queries, and report writing.
Who You Are
As the successful candidate, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Computing, Commerce, Finance or a related discipline, as well as the following experience and skills:
- Significant experience in supporting enterprise wide information systems and web-based applications
- Experience in Microsoft Operations Systems, application development in C# or CV.NET, ASP.NET, .NET framework and Microsoft SQL
- Experience in supporting modern cloud-based micro service environments is desirable
- A strong customer centric ethos, excellent communication skills and ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills in a technical software environment.
- Knowledge and experience of tertiary education sector funding regulations and academic programmers and procedures desirable
Tangata Tū, Tangata Ora - Engaged, Empowered, Making a Difference.
The University of Canterbury is committed to accessible higher education, service to community and the encouragement of talent without barriers of distance, wealth, class, gender or ethnicity. The University explicitly aims to produce graduates and support staff who are engaged with their communities, empowered to act for good and determined to make a difference in the world.
For information about the range of fantastic benefits that UC offers including flexible work practices, study opportunities and generous superannuation and leave provisions
The University of Canterbury is an Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) employer and we encourage diversity in our staffing profile. The University of Canterbury actively seeks to meet its obligation under the Treaty of Waitangi | Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
The closing date for this position is: Tuesday, 16th March 2021 (midnight, NZ time)
How You Apply
Applications for this position must be submitted on our careers website and should include a cover letter and resume. Please note, we do not accept applications by email, however we are happy to answer your queries in relation to the application process, please forward these to WorkatUC@canterbury.ac.nz
Due to current border restrictions, you must have New Zealand Citizenship/Residency to be considered for this role. If you hold a valid work visa and are physically present in New Zealand then you may also be considered.
Job DetailsReference # 5065
Posted on 02 Mar 2021
Closes on 16 Mar 2021 23:55
Expertise Information Technology
Job level(s) Experienced
Work type(s) Fixed term full-time