Requisition Title - Senior Java DeveloperJob Number: - NEW043778 Description
- Omni-Channels is an exciting opportunity to work with a broad range of internal, 3rd party and external stakeholders to create new customer propositions
- Solving new and interesting problems at scale in a collaborative team environment.
- Shape a high performing culture that will set up the team to be successful
About The RoleAs a Senior Analyst Programmer, you will be empowered to design and build a banking experience that delivers value to our Customers. As part of the Omni-Channels Programme there is potential to revolutionise the financial sector and be part of a team to drive transformation and innovation. To achieve this you will:
Role Location: Wellington CBD Role Type: Permanent Working Hours: Standard business hours with plenty flexible work options available
- Be part of a cross-functional team working collaboratively within high-performing Agile teams.
- We are looking for someone with strong Java experience that enjoys building micro services.
- You will be passionate about driving change and improvements in Development, test automation and the continuous delivery spaces, improving software quality, delivering software faster and more reliably.
- You will be a communicator. You will be spending your day working alongside other developers, testers, BA’s, designers and product owners and you need to be able to communicate complex technical issues and be good at asking hard questions, at the right time.
- You’ll be working in small teams where collaboration and relationship building is key. We are interested in people who enjoy a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, who don’t get attached to a particular technology or practice and importantly who want to drive change in the organisation.
- You’re passionate about writing well tested code that follows good software development principles. You have an interest in contributing to and improving automation testing suites.
- You will have proven experience working as a Senior Developer or be able to step up as a Senior Developer in agile environments, and you’ll be expected to contribute to the ongoing improvement of development processes, tools, strategy, and methodology.
- You will be comfortable with the unknowns.
- You will have the ability to step up and provide technical leadership and guidance where required.
- You will have a pragmatic approach with a healthy dose of quality mixed in
- You’ll be passionate about mentoring, demonstrate leadership and sharing knowledge with your peers
Nice to Haves
- Passion for following and sharing software engineering principles, practices, and patterns for keeping a code base of high maintainability.
- 5 years+ Java development experience (Java 8+, Spring Boot)
- Experience with building and maintaining Java based Microservices
- Database systems (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Container-based platform experience (Openshift 3.x)
- Linux / Windows
- CI/CD pipeline automation (Jenkins)
- Repository management with GitHub and Artifactory
- Extensive experience working in an agile environments (ideally Scrum)
- Testing - unit, acceptance. TDD / BDD
- Knowledge and experience within Open Banking development environments will be advantageous
- DevOps knowledge
- Validated learning using lean thinking
- Configuring continuous integration, deployment, and delivery tools like Jenkins, Openshift or GitLab CI.
- Container-based development using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift.
- Instrumenting monitoring and logging of applications.
- Microservice architectures.
Outside of this we want people who:
- Come to work every day keen work in a high performing, collaborative environment.
- Are always willing to lend a helping hand, even outside of your squad, project or area of expertise.
- Have a growth mind-set, can embrace on-going change and can constantly challenge themselves to try something new or unfamiliar.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Various leave options, including family Leave, parental Leave (26 weeks fully paid), lifestyle Leave
- Staff Banking and Insurance benefits
- Dedicated online learning & development portal to develop your skills and career
- Southern Cross Health Insurance
To find out more about what it is like to work in ANZ’s Technology team watch this short video:
About ANZ Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That’s why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality. ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers. Integrity – We are honest and fair Collaboration – We work together for the customer Accountability – We take ownership and get things done Respect – We care for all those we serve Excellence – We challenge ourselves to be better We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. ANZ recognises the importance of flexible working, watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5k74hROfw&feature=youtu.be To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit http://www.anz.co.nz/careers Applications close Tuesday 16th March 2021. Please note, because of the urgency of this role and current COVID-19 related NZ Border restrictions, applications will only be considered from those that are currently in New Zealand and have a current, indefinite and unrestricted right to work in New Zealand. ** No sponsorship or visa support can be provided at this time. ** You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for the reference number NEW043778 #GD4.4