At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
We are looking for a Senior Consultant within the Infrastructure Advisory team. This role is available in Auckland or Wellington and is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
EY’s Infrastructure Advisory team is New Zealand’s leading advisor to central Government, local Government and industry on projects and programmes that significantly impact our people and communities. We work with our clients to help them solve strategic, economic, commercial, financial, procurement and long-term contracting issues across every part of New Zealand’s infrastructure sector. Join this team and you'll play a lead role in advising clients in industries such as defence, water, health & human services, transport, education and justice, and represent EY in planning and delivering major investments in our country’s future.
Your key responsibilities
- Working in a high-performing team to help Government and industry clients navigate all stages of the infrastructure lifecycle, from strategy and business case development through to transactions advice
- Leveraging your commercial and financial expertise to provide trusted advice to our clients in these aspects of infrastructure planning and delivery
- Support business development opportunities, including building relationships and supporting the development of proposals and pitches
- Developing high quality written and presentation materials
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience working on major infrastructure projects in an advisory or delivery role, ideally within a Big 4, investment banking, Government or construction sector environment
- Understanding of key commercial and financial issues in the infrastructure sector, including in commercial structuring and analysis, procurement and financial analysis (potentially including financial modelling)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a track record of undertaking insightful quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills and an ability to work effectively in project teams
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external contacts
- A commitment to a strong positive team culture and enthusiasm for working in a flexible and diverse team environment
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years post-graduate experience in a similar role
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A passion for working on some of New Zealand’s largest and most transformative infrastructure projects
- A good understanding of New Zealand public sector dynamics, including the workings of Government, the Better Business Case framework and broad policy knowledge
- Core values of integrity and professionalism
- A willingness to travel domestically
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone + 64 9 300 7044 (option 1).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2021 Ernst & Young, New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.