Multitudes provides automated analytics & coaching to unlock inclusive, high-performing teams. We measure teamwork & inclusion from the software tools that teams already use to collaborate at work. We are in an alpha stage with active users & paying customers, and at the end of last year we raised a $2.4M NZD seed round of investment led by Blackbird VC. We are now expanding our team to build the next stage of our beautiful, data-driven product.
About the Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work closely with our CEO, Lauren Peate, to create the systems and relationships that enable our team and customers to succeed.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in ambiguity and proactive in taking action. You’re eager to jump into a role with lots of learning and growth, and you’re able to think strategically and operate quickly. You’re also committed to equity and inclusion at work, and excited about supporting our bigger mission – making equity the default at work.
What You’ll Do
- Set up systems and processes across the company (from marketing systems and Google Analytics to tracking our internal metrics)
- Work with key external stakeholders (including government agencies, shareholders, and more) to strengthen relationships and assist with data reporting
- Manage our beta testing programme with customers from around the world
- Provide ongoing support for customers as they use our product to improve team culture and performance
- Lead the planning for our team strategy weeks and other team events
- Work directly with our CEO to provide other support where needed across legal, finance, operations, administration, and more.
- Live our values:
- See and shape the system: We are laser-focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to bringing lasting impact through systems change.
- He tāngata: “The people” (“he tāngata” in Māori) are at the core of what we do, so we want to be supportive, open, and human about how we interact with each other and our customers.
- The journey matters: It’s not just about the destination - the things we learn along the way are what make the adventure worthwhile.
- Grow like a tree: We want to grow our people, product, and company/customers in a way that is sustainable, in all senses of the word.
- A track record of taking action to support diversity, equity, and inclusion in the communities you’ve been part of
- Knowledge of a range of software engineering leadership practices and agile software development best practice – or a readiness to quickly get up to speed
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a growth mindset – you’re able to solve problems even when they’re in areas that you’re not familiar with
- Proactive attitude – you take initiative to get things done within an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Comfort with data – both with doing basic analysis as well as with interpreting and communicating insights
- Humility and compassion – you’re happy to jump in where needed to support our team and customers
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Strong organisation and attention to detail
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google sheets, Excel, or other tools to analyse and visualise data
- Experience working on a data product with software developers and data scientists
- Experience working in an early-stage startup
- Familiarity with legal agreements and comfort in interfacing with lawyers
- Flexible working conditions with remote work options (note that for this role, we’d ideally find someone based in Auckland since you’ll be working closely with our CEO – but for the right candidate, we’re open to people anywhere in NZ)
- Supportive, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion – our team has regular workshops and discussions as part of our ongoing growth and learning in this area
- Opportunity to be a part of an early-stage startup that’s dedicated to making the human side of work more visible and valued
- Occasional board games