Requisition Title - Senior Java DeveloperJob Number: - NEW043463 Description
About The Role As a Senior Analyst Programmer, by joining the innovative agile journey at ANZ in the complex world of payment solutions, you will be empowered to design and build a banking experience that delivers value to our Customers. As part of the Omni-Channels Programme there is potential to help revolutionise the financial sector and be part of a team to drive transformation and innovation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with ANZ's payments platforms, developing, transforming and integrating fit-for-purpose solutions in the online wholesale payments space
- Join one of NZ’s largest technology shops and showcase your Java development skills in our growing Digital Banking team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of systems and applications that constantly enhances the customer experience with ANZ
Role Location: Wellington CBD Role Type: Permanent Working Hours: Standard business hours with plenty flexible work options available About You We are looking for a highly experienced Java Developer that has enterprise scale experience in the design, build and implementation of banking systems software. In this, you will help enable the Bank to maintain, develop and enhance functionality to meet business needs and help provide technical guidance to other development staff. To grow and be successful in this role, you will be/ bring/ have;
- Provide input into design and development of systems & apps to meet technical / business requirements in accordance with ANZ’s technical standards
- Provide quality assurance through following technical governance & quality control standards
- Provide timely operational support for specific systems which may include after-hours pager support for production systems using the Bank standard change and problem management tools.
- Ensure successful implementation of software through following ANZ’s agreed software development lifecycle
- Ensure that quality control processes are followed and identify, lead and implement improvement to process
- Provide guidance and support to peers through code reviews, and technical leadership
- Lead small technical teams to design and develop software to customer requirements
- Provide critique on other design deliverables to ensure quality and accuracy
- Support Chief AP in terms of team dynamics, process improvement
Nice to Haves
- A seasoned Senior Java Developer with experience in developing finance related customer centric applications at an enterprise level with at least 5+ years of Java development experience (Java 8+, Spring Boot)
- Solid experience with building and maintaining Java based Microservices
- Demonstrable experience in working with enterprise scale database systems – especially Sybase
- A good knowledge of CI/CD pipeline automation
- Experience with Container-based platforms (particularly Openshift)
- Experience with Testing - unit, acceptance, TDD / BDD
- Experience of working with both operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable solutions.
- Are passionate about driving change and improvements in development, test automation and the continuous delivery spaces, improving software quality, delivering software faster and more reliably
- A team player - happy to work cross functionally as required, including mentoring others with the ability to communicate effectively in both business and technical settings
- A communicator. You will be spending your day working alongside other developers, testers, BA’s, designers and product owners and you need to be able to communicate complex technical issues and be good at asking hard questions, at the right time.
- You’ll be working in small teams where collaboration and relationship building is key. We are interested in people who enjoy a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, who don’t get attached to a particular technology or practice and importantly who want to drive change in the organisation.
- You’re passionate about writing well tested code that follows good software development principles. You have an interest in contributing to and improving automation testing suites.
- You will have the ability to step up and provide technical leadership and guidance where required.
- You will have a pragmatic approach with a healthy dose of quality mixed in
- You’ll be passionate about mentoring, demonstrate leadership and sharing knowledge with your peers
- Passion for following and sharing software engineering principles, practices, and patterns for keeping a code base of high maintainability.
- Database systems (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Container-based platform experience (Openshift 3.x)
- Linux / Windows
- Repository management with GitHub and Artifactory
- Extensive experience working in an agile environments (ideally Scrum)
- Knowledge and experience within Open Banking development environments will be advantageous
Outside of this we want people who:
- Validated learning using lean thinking
- Configuring continuous integration, deployment, and delivery tools like Jenkins, Openshift or GitLab CI.
- Container-based development using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift.
- Instrumenting monitoring and logging of applications.
- Microservice architectures.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Come to work every day keen work in a high performing, collaborative environment.
- Are always willing to lend a helping hand, even outside of your squad, project or area of expertise.
- Have a growth mind-set, can embrace on-going change and can constantly challenge themselves to try something new or unfamiliar.
To find out more about what it is like to work in ANZ’s Technology team watch this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ccJeITDTc&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0laTpfWblMpT3vKZMqMOEleQpRwKOEJZvrS4KnQYou6Y8k_qkdtOZBxms About ANZ Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That’s why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality. ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers; Integrity – We are honest and fair Collaboration – We work together for the customer Accountability – We take ownership and get things done Respect – We care for all those we serve Excellence – We challenge ourselves to be better We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. ANZ recognises the importance of flexible working, watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5k74hROfw&feature=youtu.be To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit http://www.anz.co.nz/careers Applications close Wednesday 24th March 2021. Please note, because of the urgency of this role and current COVID-19 related NZ Border restrictions, applications will only be considered from those that are currently in New Zealand and have a current, indefinite and unrestricted right to work in New Zealand. ** No sponsorship or visa support can be provided at this time. ** You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for the reference number NEW043463 #GD4.4
- Various leave options, including family Leave, parental Leave (26 weeks fully paid), lifestyle Leave
- Staff Banking, Healthcare and Insurance benefits
- Dedicated online learning & development portal to develop your skills and career
- Southern Cross Health Insurance