We’re looking for a confident and friendly Maintenance Officer/Gardener to join the team in our St Kilda Village based in Cambridge. This position is looking for an experienced individual who has the ability to carry out minor repairs and general maintenance around and in the Village for our wonderful residents. This role is total 35 hours per week; combined between Maintenance Officer, Gardener and Van Driver.
As part of our team, you will use your skills and experience to engage with residents and make sure we can focus on delivering high quality care. You could be undertaking various odd jobs, general building and facility maintenance, or maintaining and improving the site grounds to create a homely environment.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the facility.
- Make best use of all resources
- Keep current records of works completed and meet all compliance requirements.
- Management of contractors whilst on site.
The successful applicant will have:
- Sound organisational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks accurately.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- An ability to problem solve.
- At least 1-3 years’ work related experience.
- Vocational or technical training.
- Ability to effectively and safely use power tools and maintenance equipment.
- A friendly, positive approached to aged care and great interpersonal skills.
- A “can do” attitude with flexibility to adjust to situations.
- Clean, full drivers licence with ability to drive a van
We are one of New Zealand’s leading health and care organisations, part of the global Bupa group. We have a strong commitment to helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.