Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
The Data and Analytics team are a progressive group of diverse and creative individuals with a deep love for all things data related. They build platforms and solutions that are leading edge and at the forefront of the technology curve. A close knit and fun team embedded within our rapidly growing Professional Services division, and part of the wider Datacom ecosystem.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients. Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
About the Role
As a Practice Lead you'll take ownership of all solutions and activities in your client base with a three tier approach to daily activities, focus on staff, focus on customer, focus on delivery. Great variety day to day and a chance to grow and develop your career with us.
Some of the key focus areas for the Practice Lead include:
Being responsible for Project Delivery
Assisting the Sales and presales team with bid managing RFx responses and estimating project management activities
Responsible for transition Managing new customers and services
Internal governance, auditing and monitoring
Leadership and ensuring the engagement of your team
What you will bring:
This is a fantastic chance to become part of the Datacom family. Located in the South Island, this is a great chance to combine your love for the outdoors and all things Christchurch and South Island has to offer, with a fantastic career opportunity. If it sounds like you, please apply today!
- Broad and deep understanding of Data and Analytics projects and related technology dependencies including Data Warehouse principles and Modern Data Platform Components
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of Project Management disciplines
- Strong financial management practices with a clear understanding of the relationship between costs, utilisation and project revenue.
- Strong business acumen
- Keen team player and a ‘people person’ with previous, proven leadership experience
- Managing Agile Deliverables
- Proven negotiating skills with the aptitude to ensure win/win situations for all parties
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer relationship building and management skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written Communication skills with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong consultative planning skills
- A minimum of 15 years of Data Warehouse Experience