The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for Virtual entry-level Executive Assistants (EA) within the National Executive Assistant Team (NEAT) in our Christchurch office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis, for a 12 month fixed-term contract.
The objective of this role is to provide administrative and secretarial services virtually to senior executives within Oceania, primarily Executive Directors and Senior Managers.
You will be required to form part of a virtual and onsite team based in our offices in Christchurch, providing high quality, consistent and efficient administrative support in line with a set scope of services. These services will be delivered in a proactive and collaborative manner, across multiple geographies and areas around the Oceania business.
Your key responsibilities
- Diary and calendar management
- Travel management both Domestic and International
- Expense processing, adhering to firm deadlines
- Meeting scheduling and logistics, including catering and meeting room reservations
- Data entry for our in-house client relationship management database
- Assistance with Event Management coordination and logistics
- Document management, including document creation, editing, proof reading as examples
- Various ad hoc administration duties such as organising company research, payment requisitions or organising business cards as examples
Skills and attributes for success
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of work experience in a team environment and/or handling secretarial services
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and MS Outlook
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multi-task
- Be a strong communicator with both excellent written and oral communications skills, with the ability to interact with senior management and clients
- Self-driven and motivated to work independently
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to flex to customer and business needs
- Excellent desktop skills
- Effective problem solving methods
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone + 64 9 300 7044.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2021 Ernst & Young, New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.