Being a vital member of the Finance Rating Team, you will be a self-starter, proactive and able to think on your toes.
If this sounds like you - then read on……….
The position primary focus is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all of the information held in the rating database used to calculate and apply the annual rates to ratepayer's accounts.
The work will suit someone who has a financial administration background and has strong computer literacy in core accounting systems.
So - would you like to work in a challenging and rewarding position? Then we would love to hear from you!
The ideal person will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Well experienced with the functioning of financial and related systems
- Strong computer literacy in core accounting systems
- Experienced in maintaining a large database
- Problem solving skills, with the ability to think outside the square and ask questions
- Proven communication skills - both Written and Oral
- Be able to multi-task
- Have great negotiating skills and the ability to deal with difficult customers
- Proven experience in building and sustaining positive relationships with both internal and external customers
- Be a great team member, while still able to work alone.
- Experience in Local Government and an understanding of Local Authority accounting issues
Any further enquiries may be made to Sue McCabe, Rates Supervisor phone (03) 433 0300.
To apply for this job and to view the position description go to:
waitakidistrictcouncil.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5447723.
Applications close 5 pm 17 May 2021
Permanent – full-time Closing: May 17, 2021 Otago / Waitaki Banking & financial services