About Australia & New Zealand
Our growing team of 1200+ employees work together to deliver world-class science products and solutions to a wide range of key markets. With commercial, manufacturing and distribution sites scattered across Australia and New Zealand, including Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Auckland, Adelaide, Newcastle, and Perth. Our scope covers life sciences, specialty diagnostics, food, dairy & beverage, environmental & industrial, healthcare and analytical instruments including commercial, customer service, technical service, supply chain, finance and operations.
How will you make an impact?
From the overall management of customers within the specified territory focusing on a select number of mainstream accounts with a focus in; Academia & Research, Clinical, BioPharma, and Food, Dairy & Beverage. This role is responsible for achieving territory financial targets, identifying growth opportunities and developing strong customer relationships.
What will you do?
- To achieve and exceed sales territory financial targets and objectives including:
- Grow business in line with company targets.
- Ensure that an effective customer contact program is implemented and managed so as to maximise sales growth & key customer relationships.
- Develop and implement key account plans and strategies in line with marketing and sales management objectives.
- Report and communicate internally in order to ensure opportunities are being maximised and customer (external & internal) expectations are being met.
- Ensure that sales territory and customer e-commerce targets are achieved
- Meet key performance standards and exceed customer expectations in terms of service levels: response time, complaint resolution and management, follow ups and provision of information.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude whilst being committed to our company values of integrity, intensity, innovation and involvement.
- Science degree in relevant field or relatable sales work experience (min 3 years).
- Understanding/experience in the Clinical, Academia & Research, Food, Dairy, Beverage & Industrial markets (preferred).
- Proven experience for tele-sales and account management.
- Previous laboratory experience or similar technical support role.
- Previous Sales experience with accountability for achievement of KPI’s and Financial Targets.
- Ability to travel State wide and inter State when and if require.
- Comprehensive knowledge and confidence in the sales process.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A proven background in the area of sales including a strong awareness of the sales and negotiation processes and an ability to sell creatively/competitively.
- An ability to develop and execute sales and account plans in line with marketing and key customer objectives.
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximise business opportunities, profitability and customer potential.
- Ability to manage customer expectations and close deals via phone (80% office based, 20% in field).
- An ability to understand technical products and related markets/customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to easily build strong customer relationships and rapport at all levels of authority.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude with a passion for sales and achieving results.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, CRM, business analytics).
- Ability to work under pressure and drive for self-development.