Posted: 27/04/2021 Closing Date: 17/05/2021 Job Type: Permanent - Part Time Location: Hastings Job Category: Marketing
Tihei mauri ora!
Nau mai, haere mai, tahuti mai ki Heretaunga!
Heretaunga haukunui, Heretaunga ararau, Heretaunga haaro te kaahu, Heretaunga takoto noa!
Welcome to Heretaunga, the area renowned for its rich and fertile landscape that is sustained by its life-giving dews and waterways. Welcome to Heretaunga, whose beauty is observed by the sharp eye of the harrier hawk; a landscape rich in history and with an esteemed legacy of caring and providing for its inhabitants.
Taitara Mahi – Internal Communications Advisor
Permanent part time - 20 hours per week
We are looking for a passionate, energised internal communications expert who excels at building strong positive working relationships and developing new and effective ways of storytelling - is this you?
If the answer is yes then we have a great opportunity for you to join the Marketing & Communications team at Hastings District Council and use your wide ranges of skills and experience to take our internal communications to the next level.
You will be an internal communications professional who is passionate about the influence effective internal communications can have on driving a great culture and supporting employees to be engaged and informed. You will be highly motivated to drive key projects, deliver creative and effective messages for our people and help implement internal communication plans for our stakeholders.
You will be a flexible team player who brings a positive can-do influence to the team, a highly competent communicator and a solutions-focused multitasker who has a sense of humour.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience developing and leading best-practice internal communications strategies, preferably across large organisations
- Proven success in managing proactive people-focused internal communication programmes, using a range of tactical approaches
- An understanding of the link between effective internal communications and employee engagement
- Web and Social Media savvy with a genuine interest in technology and innovation
- Experience with a range of technologies and highly proficient in MS Office Suite, Teams and SharePoint
- Tertiary level qualification in communications is desirable along with a minimum of five years’ experience working in a similar role
- Strong communication skills, including writing for print and digital communications
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Innovative and proactive approach to researching, implementing and managing internal digital communication tools.
- Public sector experience desirable
- An understanding and respect for their health, wellbeing and wellness
Situated in the heart of Ngati Kahungunu, the Hastings district and Hawke’s Bay offer an enjoyable environment in which to live, work and play.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Are you keen to be a part of our journey?
Applications Close: 16 May 2021