- Do you have case management experience in a high-volume setting?
- Are you an experienced regulatory decision maker?
- Palmertson North location
Ko wai mātou | About us At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
As the lead regulator for land transport our purpose is to ensure that the system is safe, efficient, effective and operates in the public interest. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as Te Rōpu Waeture (the Regulatory Services group), aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair real-world regulator applying principles of good practice grounded in Te Ao Maori - Whakapono (Integrity), Manaakitanga (Caring for people), Whanaungatanga (Relationships) and Kotahitanga (Unity). Being a real-world regulator means we take a systems view that is focused on improving safety outcomes and reducing harm, we work to understand why people behave the way they do and are pragmatic in how we respond, we encourage and educate to support people to comply and enforce compliance when necessary.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to apply technical/legislative expertise and knowledge that contributes to a fair and firm regulatory system. By managing cases through the regulatory decision making process this ensures the integrity of the entry system, improves safety, and minimises harm to passengers and road users.
In this role, you will provide balanced and comprehensive legal tests, and exercise good judgement when considering the applications for heavy vehicle permits. The role also includes managing risk , providing assurance around the application process, representing Waka Kotahi on appeals and revocations and supporting the Manger-Permits with the business continuity.
Ko wai koe | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Thursday 20th May 2021
- Experience in a regulatory, compliance, and/or enforcement environment
- Ability to demonstrate operational knowledge of the law in a regulatory compliance context is desirable
- Experience working with case management processes
- Proven ability to manage high volumes of work whilst maintaining quality standards
- Experience with interpretation and application of rules and regulations, in a supporting and advisory capacity with team members
- Experience with interpreting legal documents, reviewing and responding to submissions, and presentation of evidence in court desirable
- Experience in liaising with legal representatives, through verbal and written communication
- Experience in the application of file briefing, preparation and delivery
- Ability to assess cases with a high level of detail
- Experience providing solutions-focused advice, balancing competing considerations, and exercising discretion in an uncertain environment
- Proven ability to translate technical information and write accurate and concise assessment reports and notices
- Proven relationship management skills with the ability to build rapport and effectively manage a range of external and internal relationships
- Provide leadership for the Permits team to help review and customise its work through a strategic lens
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.