Permanent Part Time (28 hours per week)
New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the lead professional nursing organisation and union for nurses. NZNO represents more than 50,000 nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora and health workers. We represent the interests of nurses on professional and employment related matters. NZNO is a progressive organisation which works to improve the health status of all people of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
We are seeking to appoint a part time, 28 hours per week, Personal Assistant to support our Associate Professional Services Manager, in addition to providing administration support to the Industrial Adviser.
The position requires an experienced Personal Assistant who understands the demands, pace, proactivity, and confidentiality required to work in partnership with Senior Managers and a high level of accuracy.
You will be a self-starter with a ‘can do' attitude, highly effective organisational and communication skills, with excellent judgement and personal integrity. Please note that this role may involve some travel within Aotearoa.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Diary management and travel requirements.
- Providing secretarial support to the Associate Professional Services Manager and administrative support to our Industrial Adviser including preparing, collating reports, minute taking and preparing correspondence.
- Excellent time management skills including a proven ability to manage multiple competing work priorities.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher, and a minimum of 65 words per minute keyboard skills.
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- An understanding of and commitment to the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- An affinity towards the values of unionism in the workplace.
Understanding Tikanga would be an advantage.