- A newly created, diverse and varied role
Work for an organisation that has purpose and meaning
Permanent full-time position, based on Cuba Street, Wellington
Established in 1865, The Salvation Army is a Christian church and an international charitable organisation that assists over 120,000 kiwi families and individuals in need each year through a wide range of community services, such as food banks, family stores, early childhood centres, hostels, addiction treatment centres, life skills programmes and a hospice.
The Salvation Army is committed to their mission of caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society.
The Personal Assistant is responsible for providing a high level of administrative and secretarial support to the Territorial Secretary for Communications (a tier two manager), as well as ensuring office matters, workflow and communication relevant to the Secretary are dealt with in an effective manner.
Key responsibilities include acting as a gatekeeper for the Secretary’s office, fielding and redirecting phone calls, diary and email management, preparatory work for executive meetings, word processing, drafting correspondence, booking flights, travel and accommodation, annual budget preparation, events planning, project coordination and maintaining the health and safety risk register.
Core to your role will be making sure the Secretary for Communications is always prepared, acting as her trusted advisor and providing assurance and timeliness that she can depend on.
This is a varied and busy role that will draw on your organisational, time management and advisory skills. You must be highly motivated, proactive, intuitive, always one step ahead and have an ability to connect the dots and spot opportunities.
You will have exceptional relational skills, incredibly strong attention to detail and be solutions focused. Your ability to multitask, use your initiative and communicate effectively will be the true measure of how successful you will be in this role.
This is a permanent full-time position, 37.5 hours per week based at the Territorial Headquarters on Cuba Street, Wellington.
- Proven experience in administration and secretarial support at executive level or similar
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional relationship management skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- High level of initiative with effective planning, project management and organisational abilities
- Strong ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Calm under pressure with a positive disposition
- Maintains a high level of integrity and discretion
- Display a responsive, professional, open and enthusiastic manner
- Sound computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office suite
- Understanding and empathy towards the mission and values of The Salvation Army
This is a challenging and rewarding role with plenty of variety and opportunity to contribute positively to the organisation and engage in meaningful work!
5pm Sunday 23 May 2021Applications to:
Ngan Nguyen or Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Available to view at mclaren.co.nzP:
04 499 1069E:
firstname.lastname@example.orgView the position description by copying this link into your browser: