Responsibilities of this position include maintaining and providing financial and accounting information to the Controller, providing contract administration on new and active open sales orders, overseeing administration functions such as accounts receivables and accounts payable. daily general accounting functions, as well as managing the payroll process and Taxation payments as required by the New Zealand Government. Maintain timesheets and filing of employee information.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manages weekly invoicing to customers according to project terms and company policy.
- Manages AR Aging Report, including contacting past due customer’s or problem accounts per RELCO’s policy.
- Foreign currency rate maintenance
- Enter new customers as necessary according to procedures
- Match invoices to Purchase orders and enter for payment on 20th of month. Banking
- Enter new suppliers as necessary according to procedures
- Set-up new fixed fee and time & materials orders upon receipt of customer orders.
- Enter & distribute contract sales orders and project summaries.
- Verify weekly timecard entry according to company policy
- Manage holidays and time in lieu spreadsheet
- Process monthly payroll
- Research & resolve any payroll issues/concerns
- Update payroll spreadsheet as necessary
- Enter PAYE to IRD (Inland Revenue) website and banking
- GST check and enter to banking monthly
- Liaise with Tax accountant and file YE tax and provisional tax payments as necessary
- Manage transfers between accounts as necessary, wire transfers, & other forms of electronic payments
Financial & Management Reporting
- Maintain cash flow spreadsheet
- Adjusting entries for RLLC and subsidiary companies
- Prepares month- & year-end reports and schedules for Controller & Managing director creates financial packets, including Percentage complete.
- Maintains fixed asset schedules
- Month- & year-end account reconciliations as assigned
- General office duties as needed supplies, and bank deposits
- Preparing & assisting 3rd party auditors with information needed on a yearly basis or as needed.
- Administers the process of filing and handling claims for the business insurance for RELCO.
- Other projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain server files, add new users as required
- Maintain timesheet program
- Other HR duties as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Business-related field or relevant experience
- Two to five years of experience working in an accounting role
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Payroll experience a plus
- Experience with xero preferred
- Strong knowledge of GST, PAYE, FBT, Provisional and terminal tax obligations
- Experience with foreign currencies