Mitre 10 needs no introduction as a proudly New Zealand owned and operated business – you see us in almost every town in NZ.
About the position:
Reporting to the GM of Finance you will be providing desktop support to our four retail stores, three cafes and a frame & truss plant.
To increase the level of IT support for the business we are looking for an experienced Level 1 / Level 2 help desk technician to help provide outstanding IT support to our group.
This role requires a keen eye for detail and someone who is a self-starter with the ability to prioritise your workload and utilise your great problem-solving skills while working under pressure.
One weekend day per week will be required to be worked. Travel to store locations across Auckland in Company vehicle will be required.
What you will be doing?
Your responsibilities will be to provide IT, VoIP and network support to the business, primarily via telephone and remote assistance, there will also be times where you will need to travel for on-site support when required.
- Provide Level 1 or 2 IT Technical support services to our group of companies.
- Provide technical expertise and end-user support in the areas of Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite 365, Azure AD and Apple MAC
- Provide onsite, phone, and remote support to all company employees
- Review incident tickets and respond to end-users appropriately and within established SLA standards; resolve open tickets in a timely and professional manner, ensuring a positive client experience and high First Call Resolution (FCR)
- Ability to follow and improve ongoing Service Desk procedure documents.
- Provide after-hours and ‘on-call’ support, if necessary
- Provide desktop/laptop break/fix/maintenance support
- Provide support to growing mobility platform (iOS, Android and Windows based platform
To be successful you will need the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 12 months experience at an IT Service Desk with experience delivering network and application support to clients.
- Windows Server from 2008 onwards with general administration of Active Directory, Group policy etc.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 - basic administration, security, creating and removing user accounts.
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite - must be a competent user to be able to provide end user support.
- Microsoft Back Office Applications such as SMS, Exchange and Terminal server
- Experience of Azure AD, an advantage
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows based technologies including Windows OS 10 and Hardware platforms including HP/ Fuijtsiu/ Apple
- Basic knowledge of VoIP technologies and IP based Phone System troubleshooting
- A proven ability to communicate and to interact effectively with team members both orally and written.
- Fluent in speaking, writing, and reading, English language
- Ability to work and adapt in a dynamic environment and recognise priority issues, escalating accordingly
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills in WAN/LAN/Desktop/Laptop situations
- Knowledge of basic Networking skills and ability of working Meraki switches
- Confident with Remote Connectivity tools
- Working knowledge of helpdesk ticketing systems
- Confident with PC imaging, backups and creating boot utilities
- Must hold a clean and full New Zealand driver license
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
What’s in it for you:
This role offers you the opportunity to be an integral part of a proudly Kiwi-owned and operated independent retail business. We are proud to offer an industry leading learning and development framework, opportunities to grow your career, a generous staff purchase scheme and all the tools required to perform the role.
Who we are:
Riviera Hardware Holdings Limited (RHHL) owns and operates Mitre 10 MEGA Albany, Mitre 10 MEGA Warkworth, Mitre 10 MEGA New Lynn and Mitre10 Whangaparaoa. We also operate our three Columbus Coffee shops within our MEGA stores. We deliver Prenail Frame and Truss solutions through Riviera Pre-nail and manage our own importing via Riviera Imports.
All employment offers are subject to background checks including References and Ministry of Justice Checks. Applicants need to be able to fulfil the inherent requirements of the role.
If you are ready for a new challenge with a progressive company, please apply.