You will be joining our existing agronomy team and, with a new business model, it is an exciting time to join. The role will report into a newly created National Agronomy Manager role and you will be working closely with the regional field teams. Alongside fertiliser; Seed and Agchem are important products in ensuring we can provide our farmers with integrated advice to see them succeed in optimising the value from the land. You'll have the responsibility for sales and be expected to provide support on technical inquiries about these products for our internal and external customers. Being part of the Agronomy team, you will be responsible for ensuring you stay abreast of new developments in the field, providing training when needed.
You will possess knowledge of farming systems and a real passion for the rural sector. These skills let you talk farming with anyone, your excellent communication and relationship-building skills encourage other team members to succeed with your advice and our customers to trust you.
Ideal skills & experience
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or equivalent level qualification
- At least 4 years' experience within the New Zealand Agricultural industry, as well as an in-depth understanding of New Zealand pastoral agriculture in general
- Successful sales experience (within the industry preferential)
- Sound technical knowledge in the area of agrochemicals, seed, and agronomy
- Well-developed communication and coordinating skills
- The skills for developing and sustaining relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and across teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, and using technology e.g InFront
- Company car, phone, laptop, and clothing provided
- Excellent benefits package (competitive salary, 5% superannuation, medical insurance, allowances)
- Ongoing training and development
- Great company culture
How to Apply
Please click on the 'Apply Now' to send your CV and cover letter.
Applications close Sunday, 4 July 2021
Ravensdown is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Job DetailsReference # 2673
Posted on 17 Jun 2021
Closes on 04 Jul 2021 23:55
Location(s) South Canterbury, Otago
Expertise Agriculture, Sales
Job level(s) Experienced
Work type(s) Permanent full-time