Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Limited - we have been a part of New Zealand's home improvement culture since 1974. An award-winning success story, we delight our customers with our home improvement, garden and trade offer.
We are seeking a Data Analyst Programmer to join our transformation programme on a 2-year fixed term basis. This is an exciting role that will see you participating in all aspects of building and delivering end-to-end robust, strategic BI and Data Warehousing solutions that will transform data into critical information and knowledge that will, in turn, empower our business to reach its strategic goals.
The successful candidate will have a proven technical skillset in identifying and building data warehouse and ETL solutions, data modeling, and delivering accurate and reliable reporting, analytic and dashboard solutions that are easily available to the business users. Equally important will be the candidate’s ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization to define business requirements and determine priorities around building and maintaining a BI and Data Warehousing strategy.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Participate in the determination, recommendation, and implementation of corporate-wide Business Intelligence reporting platforms
- Design, develop, implement, and fully document strategic business intelligence solutions that meet business requirements with performance, usability, and quality metrics in mind
- Design and develop data warehouse and data management solutions based on strong understanding of sound database structure, database schema, data structures and algorithm concepts
- Learn existing BI/ETL/Data architectures and solutions; provide support and maintenance for these solutions
- Research business problems, recommend and create BI solutions that help users address these problems
- Monitor, configure, tune BI solutions to ensure stable environment with acceptable performance
- Develop detailed and thorough test plans
- Execute rigorous testing to ensure robust, high quality BI solutions
- Learn, understand, apply, and provide input to Mitre 10 policies, procedures, standards and best practice guidelines for all areas of BI and data warehouse/management design
To ensure success in this role, you will hold:
- 5 - 7 years experience as a Data Analyst Developer or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Ideally a tertiary qualification and business analysis certification (PMI-PBA or IIBA-CBAP)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using tools packages for analysing datasets (AWS Cloud platform tools, Excel, SPSS, SAS, S4H etc.)
- Approachable, a team player and someone that's willing to roll their sleeves up to get the job done.
If you're seeking a new challenge and the opportunity to have an actual impact in our transformation journey, we'd like to hear from you! Apply via our careers site by providing your CV, cover letter and salary expectation.